Growing a small business is very ‘chicken and egg’. “I need money to market but I need the sales to afford the marketing.” Every SBO (Small Business Owner) is caught in this scenario at some point and time. So how do you get around it?
The answer is simple, a plan. A clear strategic plan to get your ducks (not chickens) in a row so you can plan out how much time will pass with your marketing efforts before you see a return on your investment. The trick with marketing is always about the timing of the sale. We KNOW that putting the right efforts forward will get your business results, but what we can’t guarantee is exactly how long it will take your ideal customer to flip that switch and hand over a cheque. And the close is always out of our hands as we don’t sell, we market. We drive traffic and leads to you, but your company is the closer.
So here’s what we suggest business owners think about before spending any money on marketing:
- Is my specific audience WELL defined?
- Do I have a solid understanding of the sales process and length of time it takes to close a client?
- How much can I spend before I NEED to see a return?
- How much do I have in terms of resources; time, staff, etc.
- Do I have a fantastic, well-automated follow-up system?
- Do I have great information capture capabilities on my website?
Make sure you are equipped to successfully handle new leads that we will generate for you and you’ll find a much faster ROI.
If you’re not sure how to answer all these questions, don’t worry, we offer marketing strategy, planning and coaching to ensure your marketing efforts worked like a well oiled machine. Connect with us today to see how we can help put you on the path to faster growth and a higher close ratio. Click here to connect.